Friday, January 29, 2010

She Called Me Her “Boyfriend”….

Unfortunately, the following stalking experience for a young man is extremely common. I commend him that he didn’t retaliate by lashing out nor physically take matters into his own hands, instead he used his head. Every victim has to use his/her head and be twenty steps ahead of their assailant.

I am a 15 year old guy in the 10th grade. Ever since the 6th grade, I have been harassed by a female student and a few of her friends, but mostly her.

I can’t remember when it started, but I do remember sometime in the 7th grade I had to work on a project with her. While working, she took my pen in placed it in her crotch and told me to get it. I just walked away and worked somewhere else and let it go.

In the 8th grade, while leaving the cafeteria, she and a friend grabbed me in the hall and cornered me. They groped me continuously, even as other students passed by and some saw. It was extremely embarrassing.

I told them to let me go but they wouldn’t let me.
A couple days ago, at a club meeting we both are involved in, while taking a break, she comes over and starts telling me how we go out and how I’m her boyfriend. Her friends laugh. Then she starts groping and rubbing on me. When I stand up to leave with my friend, she pinches my butt and laughs.

These are only a few of many incidents, and I finally had enough. I plan on going to my assistant principal first thing Monday and reporting her. She has made going to school and the club something I dread, and now I have a witness.

As everyone knows, I focus primarily on female abuse and assault; teaching and training them mentally, emotionally and ultimately how SHE can PROTECT AND DEFEND herself. However, I do support males because males can be and are victims as well. I do not expect nor promote a male to “take a frying pan upside the head” and there are some really nasty females out there that are abusive. Unfortunately the statistics do not accurately represent male abuse because males simply did not readily come forward to seek assistance. But….the times are changing and I strongly encourage ANY male that is verbally, emotionally, financially, spiritually and/or physically abused to reach out. Our agencies are working extremely hard to offer males assistance – you are not alone.

  • Approximately 380,000 men are stalked annually in the US
  • 1 in 45 men will be stalked in their lifetime
  • 64% of male victims know their stalker
  • 30% of male victims are stalked by an intimate partner
  • 10% of male victims obtained a protective order
  • 81% of male victims had protection orders violated

If you are a male or you know a male that is being abused or victimized in any manner please reach out for support, guidance and advice. Contact your local and/or national agencies as well as the list below. Remember, you are not alone and NO DESERVES TO BE VICTIMIZED IN ANY MANNER.

If you are in immediate danger, you should call 911.

The PSA from CBS stalking advice pertains to female and male victims of stalking.







STALKING RESOURCE CENTER

RAINN

National Center for Victims of Crime

Male Survivor

Hope for Healing.Org

Safe Horizons

Take care and STAY SAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment